Monday, August 04, 2008

Little nervous this week


Well, I am trying something new this week. I accepted a freelance job with the Statesman Journal for their Senior Life publication. It's not news, so I don't feel weird doing it, and working for the Spokesman at the same time.

Where it makes me nervous is this is the first time I have done a freelance job with this new part-time job. The assignment I was given is pretty fun, it's just going to take some time. I have two weeks to get it done, so I am managing the time to make sure I get it done.

Violet is growing up so fast, but then just when you think she can handle something, she shows me that she is still a little kid. Today, she woke up and I thought we are going to have a fun, easy day until Cindy gets home. Turns out, Violet was upset that no one was coming over today. She even cried. It was weird and made me realize that no matter how mature she acts, at the end (and beginning) of the day, she is still a almost 4-year-old.

Speaking of which, September 3 is on a Wednesday, so we are trying to figure out when to have Violet's birthday. I am fairly sure a princess cake is going to be involved. :)

We are also working on having Lilly sleep in her crib all night. It's been OK. She cries, but I think she is getting over it. Hello sleep! It is so nice NOT waking up to cold little feet kicking me in the back at 3 a.m. Oh yes.

Anyway, I have a couple of stories to do, so I should send some e-mails and whatnot.

I will continue to try to update the blog daily -- but no promises. :)

Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lets do it before, while I am at Karens! We could do my birthday too (the 4th) I could use a princess cake once in my life.