Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's only Tuesday?



Above we have a picture of Lilly at tea on Saturday and THE LOOK. I see this look at least three to four times a day.

Normally this look is the last thing I see before I wake up the next day -- from being knocked out from the konk on the head from the frying pan, escrema fighting stick, or the van.

(EDIT: Just got THE LOOK over spelling escrema wrong -- I think it should be escrima she thinks it's escrema. She offered to show me her escrema stick up close... I passed)

Yup, I have survived 13 years, Cindy is a saint. :)

So yesterday evening I had a Wilsonville Design Review Board meeting that went until 10:30 p.m.
Normally I plan these meetings ahead of time and know if they are going to be quick or not. Sometimes, my planning isn't that accurate.
Last night was one of those nights.
My assumption was that the developments that were proposed wouldn't be that controversial and I would by home by 9, maybe 9:30 p.m. tops.
Well all these people were there and I ended up rolling into the driveway around 11 p.m. (after meeting discussions, name spelling and whatnot delayed me).
The kicker was that I hadn't eaten since lunch, so I warmed up a burger and chomped that, then started watching the Olympics.
At 1 a.m. I realized what time it was and went to bed.
Guess who got up at 5 a.m.? Lilly. She woke me up, and then I was unable to fall asleep. Today I worked and of course Lilly didn't take a nap, so I am dragging today. Ug.
Tonight I am doing an phone interview for work, and then I am going to go straight to bed. Michael Phelps will just have to win without me this evening.

Yawn

Pat

No comments: