Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Silly rabbit! Computers are for kids!

Lilly loves pounding on the computer -- a lot like Mom and Dad that way.
So I have had that little head cold going around, and today is day four. Cindy informed me hers was gone after three days which means she is better than I am, I guess.

I will say this, for some reason each year I keep getting sick more and more. I remember when I was in my 20s I only got sick around Thanksgiving. That was it. Now it has spread to about three times a year -- and at random. I don't know if it's due to the appendix thing I had a few years back, or just age. Something to ponder. Maybe I should start drinking Cindy's green stuff.

Today I am off work -- no freelance or Spokesman stuff -- and going to hang out with the girls and just medicate myself to high heaven. I am going for the Benedryl first, then will move on to a Theraflu cocktail. I might get so loopy, I may even play dress shop. :)

My big thing today is emptying the dishwasher and finishing up laundry. Then I am going to try to make a call or two to make work easier tomorrow and Thursday.

We have the cake ordered for this weekend, and Violet picked a "Strawberry Shortcake" cake. You know, the cartoon... not a strawberry shortcake... well maybe it is a strawberry shortcake. I have no clue... it would seem weird to have a chocolate strawberry shortcake cake, so who knows.

Anyway, cake confusion aside, I already have Violet's present for her "fake" birthday. I may run and get her something for her "real" birthday.

Oh, and another thing, of course the morning I figure they are going to get up early, so I take a shower, get dressed, have breakfast, they still are sleeping at 8:04 a.m. I am telling you, they KNOW how to screw with your plans. To think I could have gotten another 90 minutes of sleep -- they will be up soon.

UPDATE: So I was visiting my friend Aaron Marvin's blog and he had this... made me giggle. Guess I truly am a dad when something like this makes me smile. In the past I would have thought it was stupid. I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how they got the kids to do this...




Pat

No comments: