Thursday, August 07, 2008

Can you tell I have been busy this week?

This is Lilly on Tuesday playing with one of Violet's shoes. Lilly loves shoes. This is bad.

I apologize.

This week I have just had a hard time coming up with anything to write about. Friday is my big writing day at work, so I hope this passes by tomorrow. :)

News from the week:

1. Violet graduated her swimming class, and is now in a more advanced swimming class. The big hurdle for her has been opening her eyes under water. Heck, that's my big hurdle too. I open my eyes I always want to breathe for some reason -- lack of coordination maybe?

2. There were a bunch of changes at Cindy's work, with people moving around and stuff. The upshot she is depressed because no one wants to do installs but Cindy. I keep telling her that she is the garbage man of the software world -- garbage men get paid very well. She has resorted to ice cream to get over the blues, which I am not complaining about.

3. File this under things I will never understand: We have a cleaning lady that comes once every two weeks. Cindy feels the need to clean the house before the cleaning lady shows up -- um, why? Every time I bring this up, she gets frustrated at me, so I will just complain about it here.

4. I got a horrible haircut tonight. It's bad. I think I could have done better with the $20 sheers I bought.

5. Violet has this thing she does with food. She asks for a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. You make it, then she doesn't want it. She wants yogurt. You open a yogurt, and, you guessed it, she doesn't want that either. Tonight I left for my haircut at 6 p.m., I came back around 7 and she was still having Cindy make her things for dinner. All total, she asked for yogurt (rejected), soup (rejected), an English muffin with cheese (rejected) and my sub sandwich (rejected). She then asked for a peanut butter sandwich and I put my foot down and said she had to eat what was there. Now she is sad. I think she is pouting somewhere.

Meanwhile I had a yogurt, soup and English muffin with cheese for dinner tonight. :)

Anyway, I have some photos to go through for work (a sewer plant -- fun stuff). I wonder if I could get some scratch and sniff paper!

Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any time your reinforce behavior, you ask for it to be repeated. Sherman has a foot/shoe fetish too...must be something they catch in your house...auntie jan