Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday party planning and sneezing



I know I have posted a video like this before, but today Violet was begging me to video her "jumping really high!" with Lilly. So here you go, a Saturday afternoon, pre-nap workout. :)

Maybe they both will nap at the same time today. HA!

Next weekend we are celebrating Violet's birthday. Amazing that she is already turning 4-years-old. She is now obsessed with learning her letters and what sounds they make. I think she is going to be quite the reader, which warms my heart.

We sent out electronic invitations, and if you didn't get one and want to go to the party, just contact me via e-mail. If you don't have my personal e-mail, shoot me a message at busstopboy@gmail.com and I will give you not only an invitation, but my proper e-mail address (I am trying to avoid spam in my account as it's almost full of work messages).

This past week Cindy and my mom got a head cold and I thought I was going to luck out. Think again. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy head. I am trying to take it easy today and drink lost of liquids and might break out the NyQuil and sleep this afternoon. I can't be sick next week because my production schedule at work is pushed back because of the Monday holiday.

Today was great at lunchtime. Lilly was fussing because Cindy wasn't feeding her fast enough and out of nowhere Violet says, "Lilly, would you like some cheese with that wine?" I nearly spit out my soup. Lilly is nearly crawling, but is more interested in standing up and walking with help. The best part about Lilly is how willing she is to just smile. She is more fussy than Violet was, but the smile makes up for it. Especially when she just looks up at you and smiles and gives a quick giggle.

She, obviously, gets the joke. :)

Well, I think I am going to crash for a bit and see if I can't nip this stupid cold in the bud. We wanted to go to a friends house today -- she has a new baby -- but figured we didn't want to spread this mild cold to first-time parents.

No comments: