Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yeah, I didn't miss Thursday... just late














Here we have a couple of photos from Carrie's wedding reception. I love this picture of Cindy and Lilly. Violet is dancing with the lead singer of Midnight Oil in the top photo (I don't know who the guy is, I think it's one of Jim's friends).

Speaking of Midnight Oil, sorry for those of you who thought I didn't update the blog Thursday, I worked today and didn't get to it before I went to bed.

Actually went to bed, couldn't sleep, and got up and updated this bad boy. Because, hey, I have no other hobby.

I have been playing with this sitemeter website, that you put some code in your blog, and then you can not only track how many views you get, but where the people are who are checking out your page.

I have to say, I am getting more page views than I thought. I figured about two people a day looked at this thing. Cindy's aunt Jan and my mom -- other than that, I thought it might spike every now and then as friends and coworkers check it out. Boy was I surprised when I saw I am averaging a monster 11 hits a day. Yes, 11 -- look out CNN.com I am coming for YOU! (Notice I link to a Midnight Oil video on You Tube but don't to CNN -- I don't know if that is my competitive nature or just me being lazy).

Most of those are from people with the blog bookmarked -- although I do get a random person who finds this thing every now and then and they quickly leave.

Just thought it would be polite to let you know I am spying on all 11 of you. I especially like the little map I can zoom in on and see that I am reigning Internet hits from Canby, Beaverton and Colton. Yes, I am a Internet phenom.

Anyway, I suppose I should try to get some sleep. Maybe some milk will do the trick.

UPDATE 12:19 A.M.: OK, OK, I should be asleep, but I found a friend's blog, and saw that with some new Blogger templates I could customize some things. You will notice a blog list on the left side of the blog -- those are blogs I read. This weekend I am going to work on how to handle photos better and also create a custom header for the blog with pictures of the girls (maybe the entire family if you are lucky). Now I really am off to bed. :)

No comments: