Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Eight: The long road home

We are home, everyone is safe, if not tired.

Thanks to weather delays our trip from Rhode Island (we used the airport there because it was closer to the wedding than Boston's Logan Airport) to Portland took around 25 hours. We were delayed in Newark, New Jersey for more than 9 hours due to bad weather.

At one point the airport was shut down due to a pretty major thunderstorm that passed over. Impressive, if not annoying. :)

We left the hotel in Milford, MA at around 8 a.m. (Eastern) Wednesday and rolled into the driveway at home at 6:22 a.m. Pacific (9:22 a.m. Eastern) today. Ouch.

If you ever get a chance to travel that long with two small children. Break a law and get sent to jail, I think it would be more enjoyable.

We all made it home with all of our fingers and toes, so no harm, no foul. We are all extremely tired and trying to come up with a way to get back on our sleep schedule.

I would like to work tomorrow, if I feel human, we will see how much sleep I get tonight. I am trying to stay awake until I go to bed for the evening.

OK, well, Cindy is sleeping and Violet is running wild.

Pat

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome home! It's been fun (and funny) reading your travelogue. I'm sure I'll get mine some day for laughing at all the mishaps of traveling with small children!

Unknown said...

I also had the seat next to the toliets and had butts in my face, and they lean on your seat and jiggle it and reef on it ....that alone could drive one to kill. Ditto about the fun reading the travelogue. More pictures somewhere? auntie Jan