Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 4: Wedding bells ringing! Congrats Jim and Carrie!








OK, so I survived the wedding. It was 94 degrees and the humidity was so high it felt like, well, an armpit.

UPDATE: 10:58 p.m. Eastern (I am off to bed after this)
Tomorrow we are going to Salem and Gloucester (I want to see the town where "A Perfect Storm" took place), I was looking at the weather for tomorrow. Today it was 91 degrees with98 % humidity -- the exact temperature of my armpits! Told you! Tomorrow is supposed to be a cool 85 degrees with 64 percent humidity in Salem, MA. We considered going to Portland just so we could say we went to Salem and Portland, but the trip would have been too long. Dang kids! :)

I was the wedding photographer because I have a camera and take pictures for a living. Of course everything is of car wrecks, politicians or fires, so that makes me qualified to shoot a wedding I guess.

I got some good shots, I have quickly gone through the 9.5 gigs of photos I took over the last couple of days. There are some keepers.

I missed them putting rings on, because I was a one man show and out of position when it happened. Yes, I should stick to my crime and fire photos. Anyway, I got the smooch and the cake cutting and a bunch of reception and family shots that I think are going to work out. Whew.

I came home and literally peeled my suit off. It was soaked. We were going to visit Boston tomorrow, but I think our plans are going to change. The kids didn't get a nap, my feet are killing me (I stood almost the entire time and it ran from 10 a.m. to about 3 p.m.), and frankly, we want to sleep in. :)

Plus we keep hearing horror stories about driving in downtown Boston, and taking the train in this heat, with two kids, doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Tonight Cindy is doing some research on some things we can do outside of Boston. We may still visit the big city, but who knows.

As I get photos done, I will post them here, with a little commentary.

Tomorrow afternoon I am hoping to have some of Carrie and Jim, as well as Cindy, Violet and the family.

Right now is trying to trim 9.5 gigs to fit on an 8 gig jump drive -- by taking out the dark, out of focus and plain bad (back of people's heads) out.

Getting pretty pie eyed, long day. I don't think sleeping is going to be a problem tonight.

Pat

No comments: