Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I hate vacations

So, the rule in newspaper work is if you go on vacation, you have to have enough stories done, to cover the time you are gone. You can't exactly hire a temp to cover a beat.

This week, to get ready for our Boston trip, I have been screaming around Wilsonville and Salem digging up stories to fill my section of the paper while I am gone. I am going to miss only one issue, but I figure the more I get done this week, the better off I will be.

Normally I am responsible for about three stories, and this week I am shooting for six to eight. The tricky part is that I am also juggling getting Violet from summer camp in the middle of the day.

Probably from here until we get to Boston (sometime next week) the blog won't get updated because I am going to be too busy.

I apologize ahead of time. :)

Hopefully while we are in Boston I will post some videos of our adventures and maybe even some photos.

Well off to bed -- I have a heck of a day tomorrow.

pat

No comments: