Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A good week, getting better

Say hello to Nomad, Violet's class dog. Nomad goes home with the kids and they write about his (I think it's a he... I didn't check) adventures in a book. You have to write what Violet says about Nomad's adventures.

When she first brought Nomad home, I immediately thought of the Star Trek (old school) episode "The Changeling" (Episode 37, Season 2) where a probe called NOMAD thinks Kirk is its creator.

Of course the thing takes over the Enterprise and Kirk "reasons" with the probe getting it stuck in a logic loop and winning the day (and I am sure kissing some alien hottie along the way).

When I informed Cindy of this fact, she said, "This is Violet's story not yours! You don't EVEN put that in there."

And here we are back at the blog, and her words ring true here as well. This has turned into a blog about the family, so it would be appropriately named. :)

Tonight Lilly went swimming for the first time, I was trapped at work racing a TV crew to a story and didn't get to go. I am hoping to get pictures on Thursday, barring any night meetings, so they should be up later this week. Oh, and there won't be pictures of Cindy in a bathing suit or I really will be a dead man.

One last piece of Pat news...

I found out this week I won a Society of Professional Journalist's award for The Stayton Mail. I don't know what category, and there is an awards banquet May 31 -- two days before my last day at the office.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold... it's very cold... IN SPACCCCCEEEEEE!" -- Khan to Kirk in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

I couldn't resist... :)

Off to bed...

Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the SPJ award! And on making your own life (returning to freelance and your family). Good for you!