Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Snowman, Snowman, ya got yer ears on? Aww crap!



I just found out that Snowman just got sent to the big car chase in the sky.

UPDATE: For those of you too lazy to click the link above -- yes I have had people ask me who "Snowman" is -- Jerry Reed was "Snowman." Reed was a country music star and also an "actor." I put "actor" in quotes because he pretty much played Jerry Reed.

I imagine him driving that 18-wheeler (from Smokey and the Bandit) along a cloud, running from Jackie Gleason.

Kind of a bummer to end the day. He wrote and performed the song in the You Tube video up above there.

"Smokey and the Bandit" has long been a favorite movie of my brother and I. We will often call each other up and throw quotes back and forth.

A few years ago I forced Cindy to sit through "Smokey and the Bandit" -- she wasn't impressed. Maybe she needs to see "Smokey and the Bandit, Part II?"

My Dad even gets in on the action... he loves saying this to Brett and I when we do something stupid.

We heard it a lot growing up.

We will miss you Snowman...

Pat

No comments: