Thursday, February 12, 2009

SMOOCHES!!!




I love it when this happens.

When you least expect it, usually after a hard day at work, or one of those days you have a constant storm cloud over your head, the kids just make your mood change on a dime.

I have a headcold, I can't find my dang keys and Violet has been a little bratty lately. It doesn't feel like we have enough time for anything, and with the economy the way it is, I keep waiting for a shoe to drop on either my job at the Wilsonville Spokesman or Cindy's at Intel. Right now there is nothing to indicate that either of our jobs are in danger, but you just feel that way when the layoff notices keep coming and coming.

I had to cut my day short because Cindy had a meeting and we wanted Violet to get a nap -- since there is a cold in our house. I had breakfast but had skipped lunch. I was writing this story and really wanted to get it done, I looked up and it was too late to grab something on the way to get Violet.

I walk in the door and Cindy's cousin Lisa is here babysitting (she is GREAT by the way), and I take Lilly. Immediately she starts kissing my cheek. The first time ever.

MMMMMAAA! MMMMMAAAA!

Very stinking cute. I have been walking on clouds since.

Now when you say, "Lilly, give Violet a kiss." She will walk over there and try to kiss her cheek.

It was a good day.

Pat

No comments: