Saturday, February 07, 2009

Facebook


Here is Lilly tonight using her battering ram to take out any tables, chairs, 4-year-olds or ankles she can catch off guard. I swear she could break through the gates of a Scottish castle with that little walker thing. She is a lot like her mom.

This morning I was woken by the running of a baby elephant through our house -- Violet sounds like Godzilla when she runs from one end of the house to the other, looking for us in the morning. Luckily, Lilly stayed in bed until 9:30 a.m. this morning, thank goodness.

Cindy got a pretty good nap today, along with Violet, while Lilly and I wrestled while I tried to get her to sleep. She just wiggles and wiggles.

OK, so for the last couple of years my friends have been telling me to get a Facebook account. Every now and then I will be talking to someone and they will ask if I am on Facebook. Last week one of my former bosses said I should get one, and I figured if nothing else it would be a good networking exercise. I even downloaded the Facebook app for my phone, just to play along.

The thing is crazy. Classmates from high school are "finding me." It's really weird. I started getting messages that say: "We have been looking for you so long!"

Um, I am like 700 pounds, you could spot me from space with the naked eye for God sakes. I live in Canby which is a whopping 20 miles from Newberg where I grew up. I know Johnson is a common name, but my name has been in numerous papers around the Valley and I am even in the phone book. How, exactly, did I get lost? :)

Now I feel like a ninja. I am stealthy. I can erase my Facebook page and stop existing. Awesome. With just a click of the mouse I can totally disappear.

Oh and I found this tonight and find it incredibly funny. Wait until the end, it's worth it.

No comments: