Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I was on TV tonight

My editor and I covered the new Westside Express Service train first ride event today. It was pretty fun, we got to ride it from Wilsonville to Beaverton and then back to Wilsonville. Most people got on in Beaverton and rode to Wilsonville, so we got to have a ride up to Beaverton where there were a few people riding.

The service, which cost $166 million to build and is slated to open Feb. 2, is something that Cindy may use. I was also thinking that it would be fun to take the girls to the zoo by taking the WES then light rail. Heck I could even go out and see my folks -- if they had carseats and could pick us up.

As it turns out, I was riding and the TV guys were filming -- it was a pretty heavy news day with the Portland mayor scandal, a climber killed on Mt. Hood and the peanut butter recal -- but I still made the news. If they put the report up that was on the news tonight I will link it here.

Well, off to bed.

Pat

No comments: