Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

So last night the girls went to bed around 9:30 p.m. and I was left with a quiet house. I am starting my "Punch me in the face" if I try to eat diet. This diet includes no more Coke.

Yesterday I decided I needed to get my last bit of caffeine in, so I had 1 Mountain Dew and no less than 10 Cokes. Yes 10 -- Red Robin refills are awesome.

Imagine my surprise when I couldn't fall asleep last night.

There I was, blasting terrorists on the computer when I realized it was almost midnight. I didn't want to ring in the New Year in front of the blue glow of a computer screen. I shut down and traded it for the bigger blue glow of the TV.

Of course Carson Daley was on. Yuck.
Then there was Ryan Seacrest. Gag.
CNN had Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, but they didn't show enough of that, and Bill and Hillary pushing the button didn't interest me. Oh, I did see the aftermath (thanks to Tivo), CNN was showing all these couples making out, cut to the Clintons -- very professional shoulder hug.

Hey, she doesn't know where those lips have been....

Anyway, FOX had the single greatest New Year's Eve programing ever.... Robbie Knievel jumping over a fake volcano. Now if the video below isn't the most goofy thing you have ever seen, you missed the computer animation they played before the actual jump, that showed in graphic detail, how terribly wrong things could go.

My favorite potential mishap was engine failure, and the pyrotechnic guys setting off the volcano early, sending Knievel to a firey death. If I can find that computer animation I will post it. I have it on Tivo and it makes me laugh so hard I hyperventilate.

Well, I am off to have a 'family meeting' about this diet. I think Cindy wants exclusive rights to punch me in the face.... Can you blame her?

Watch more YouTube videos on AOL Video



UPDATE: Yes, I videoed the computer animated part I found so funny. Here it is:


No comments: