Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Two versions of the same story

In the newspaper business, sometimes they have to cut a story down to make it fit. Putting together a newspaper is like a big jigsaw puzzle with stories and photos as the pieces.

Anyway, I did a story on this great family from Silverton. The mom has Lymphoma and the dad is staying up at OHSU with her to help give her care. I totally empathize with these folks and hope that after reading the story you will consider giving them even a modest amount. They are very friendly and kind people.

Stayton Mail version here.

Silverton Appeal version here.

Stay safe,

Pat

P.S. I will be posting updates on them as I get them. As a freelancer I am never sure if I am going to be following a story all the way or not. But I am going to keep track of these folks.

No comments: