Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ford, where quality is job 1

I don't know if any of you remember, but a couple of summers ago, I purchased a car from Newberg Ford.

It was a lemon. The headlights would randomly go out at night. The entire electrical system was fried and I spent a bunch of money on a car that I was hoping would be a nice little commuter.

We fought with Newberg Ford, because they also never processed the title, so I couldn't get it changed to my name or even sell the darn thing until they got around to it. They also never gave me the full-sized spare tire they promised.

Overall it was a horrible buying experience -- we had two of those that year because when we bought our van at Gladstone Toyota it was horrible as well. I guess we got spoiled with the Saturn walk in and buy a car and not get jacked with.

Anyway, we got this letter in the mail the other day. Yes, it was printed upside down.
Now I know why Ford never got any of that bailout money -- they filled out the forms upside down. Their bottom line was the top line. Oops.

The best part is in the letter Steve Clay says, "If you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me." Sure Steve, you will be a big help as long as it doesn't involve loading a printer or doing any type of office work.

If this is how their promotional material goes out, I wouldn't trust them with financing or trade-in paper work.

Pat

No comments: