Sunday, August 20, 2006

Silverton Fine Arts Festival

Saturday was really fun.

I got an e-mail last Thursday night from the editor of the Silverton Appeal. He needed me to cover the Silverton Fine Arts Festival on Saturday, and then write a story by 5 p.m. that same day. This is newspaper work.

So, how it works is Cindy, Violet and I run out to Silverton and walk around the festival -- they just go off on their own and leave me to my interviewing and picture taking.

Then, after I think I have enough for 20 inches -- about 700 words -- we run back home and I write it up before 5 p.m. Good times. Then on Monday I will call the organizers for reactions and then re-write the story and submit the news story with pictures on Monday by 5 p.m.

So expect an update later this week with the second version of the same story. I am also thinking about trying to write a different version for Oregon.com -- interviewing the organizers about tips and tricks for people out of state who visit. That's just a thought, though.

Anyway, you can find Sunday's article here. Make sure you give me good reviews at the bottom of the page -- if they think people like me maybe I can get more work with the Statesman Journal news department.

No comments: